This book is real-talk about being a creative person and the struggles that accompany it. It’s a physical archive of my best and most useful articles on my blog Maker/Mistaker.com.
I’ve been a creative person my whole life. I’ve also been super sensitive and intuitive as many artists are. I’ve had a lot of success in my life as a maker, but I still struggled with anxiety and depression. I thought I was living the good life?
In 2013, I admitted I was depressed to my business partners and friends. That’s when I started Maker/Mistaker to write about my feelings and philosophies. It turned into a journey of self discovery and personal transformation. I write about how I worked my way through depression, my meditation techniques, my morning routines and rituals, etc. It includes my take on habit change, personal growth, anxiety, fear, productivity, and spiritual awakening. I even documented my early out-of-body experiences that happened after I began meditating seriously for the first time.
Other cool areas are my Quantum Sphere Healing and Soul Retrieval experiences, which is where I learned I was a Starseed!
ABOUT THE BOOK
The book is 339 pages. Self-published through CreateSpace and the printing is very high quality. I have a stock of these in my apartment and you can order from me personally (or find it on Amazon). I designed and laid out all the pages myself in Adobe InDesign. I took special care in laying out the type just right and having it all look beautiful inside and out. The book has a smooth matte finish and many people remark on how good it feels. It also smells great because it’s fresh paper. Mmmm. The scent of a non-digital book never gets old! People say they like my writing style because it’s very authentic. Well, I try to be at least!
TABLE OF CONTENTS
DEPRESSION & ANXIETY
- What is Maker/Mistaker?
- Success, Depression, and Awakening
- Overcoming Depression Part 1
- Overcoming Depression Part 2
- Overcoming Depression Part 3
- The State of Discontent
- Fear of Making Money
- The Need to be Liked
- Let Go of What Other People Think
- Saying No Without Being Mean
- Fear of Going to the Gym
- Resistance to Work
- Why Do I Sometimes Dread Opening My Email?
- Our Obsession with Productivity
- Things I Learned by Waking Up Early
- The Night Owl’s Secret to Waking Up Early
- My Meditation Practice
- 41 Signs You Are Sleepwalking Through Life
- The Cycle of Discontent and Creation
- Giving Myself Permission to Sleep In
- How to Get Inspired When You’re Stuck
- How to Kill Procrastination
- 5 Tips for a Killer Morning Routine
- An Outside-the-Box Time Management Technique
- Morning Routine 2015
- Digital Detox
- Why I Quit Coffee
- Why I am Drinking Coffee Again
- I’m Quitting Facebook and Going Outside
- One Year of Waking Up Early
SPIRITUAL & ESOTERIC
- My First Out of Body Experience
- My Craziest Out of Body Experience
- Out of Body Experiences All in Your Head?
- The Ultimate Guide to Out of Body Experiences
- Soul Retrieval – Am I a Starseed?
- Quantum Sphere Healing
- Coincidence or Destiny?
LOVE & RELATIONSHIPS
- The New Masculine
- Quit Watching Porn in 30 Days
- Not Afraid of Love
- An Uncomfortable Book About Relationships
- 20 Tips for More Conscious Relationships
- Is the Fear of “Being Needy” Keeping us Apart?
- How Sexual Purity Affected Me as a Man
- The End of Maker/Mistaker
- Thank You
- 339 Pages
- Measures 5″x8″x1″
- A joy to touch and smell
Came super fast & owner is such an authentic being !! Love my package !!
Pablo Coronel –
I’ve a fan of the design work from Jeff Finley for a long time. Had curiosity of his evolution on thinking of design, lifestyle so I bought this book to investigate on that. I’m almost finishing it and I’m really enjoying all his experience and made me question everything I do as a designer. Thank you Jeff!
Jeff Finley –
Thanks Pablo, I’m curious what your main takeaways were and how it influenced what you do if you don’t mind sharing.
Ashley Anders –
Got this for my husband because he is going through some tough life stuff right now. He seems to like it but hasn't finished reading it yet. Cover looks really cool.
Tiffany Nelson –
I'm on chapter 3 so far and its a great read, can definitely identify with author, the struggles I have as a empath artist and me sabotaging my happiness !
Ella Louise Dixon –