This book is real-talk about being a creative person and the struggles that accompany it. It’s an archive of my best and most useful articles on my blog Maker/Mistaker.com.
I’ve been a creative person my whole life. I’ve also been super sensitive and intuitive as many artists are. I’ve had a lot of success in my life as a maker, but I still struggled with anxiety and depression. I thought I was living the good life?
In 2013, I admitted I was depressed to my business partners and friends. That’s when I started Maker/Mistaker to write about my feelings and philosophies. It turned into a journey of self discovery and personal transformation. I write about how I worked my way through depression, my meditation techniques, my morning routines and rituals, etc. It includes my take on habit change, personal growth, anxiety, fear, productivity, and spiritual awakening. I even documented my early out-of-body experiences that happened after I began meditating seriously for the first time.
Other cool areas are my Quantum Sphere Healing and Soul Retrieval experiences, which is where I learned I was a Starseed!
ABOUT THE BOOK
The book is 339 pages. Self-published through CreateSpace and the printing is very high quality. I have a stock of these in my apartment and you can order from me personally (or find it on Amazon). I designed and laid out all the pages myself in Adobe InDesign. I took special care in laying out the type just right and having it all look beautiful inside and out. The book has a smooth matte finish and many people remark on how good it feels. It also smells great because it’s fresh paper. Mmmm. The scent of a non-digital book never gets old! People say they like my writing style because it’s very authentic. Well, I try to be at least!
TABLE OF CONTENTS
DEPRESSION & ANXIETY
- What is Maker/Mistaker?
- Success, Depression, and Awakening
- Overcoming Depression Part 1
- Overcoming Depression Part 2
- Overcoming Depression Part 3
- The State of Discontent
- Fear of Making Money
- The Need to be Liked
- Let Go of What Other People Think
- Saying No Without Being Mean
- Fear of Going to the Gym
- Resistance to Work
- Why Do I Sometimes Dread Opening My Email?
- Our Obsession with Productivity
- Things I Learned by Waking Up Early
- The Night Owl’s Secret to Waking Up Early
- My Meditation Practice
- 41 Signs You Are Sleepwalking Through Life
- The Cycle of Discontent and Creation
- Giving Myself Permission to Sleep In
- How to Get Inspired When You’re Stuck
- How to Kill Procrastination
- 5 Tips for a Killer Morning Routine
- An Outside-the-Box Time Management Technique
- Morning Routine 2015
- Digital Detox
- Why I Quit Coffee
- Why I am Drinking Coffee Again
- I’m Quitting Facebook and Going Outside
- One Year of Waking Up Early
SPIRITUAL & ESOTERIC
- My First Out of Body Experience
- My Craziest Out of Body Experience
- Out of Body Experiences All in Your Head?
- The Ultimate Guide to Out of Body Experiences
- Soul Retrieval – Am I a Starseed?
- Quantum Sphere Healing
- Coincidence or Destiny?
LOVE & RELATIONSHIPS
- The New Masculine
- Quit Watching Porn in 30 Days
- Not Afraid of Love
- An Uncomfortable Book About Relationships
- 20 Tips for More Conscious Relationships
- Is the Fear of “Being Needy” Keeping us Apart?
- How Sexual Purity Affected Me as a Man
- The End of Maker/Mistaker
- Thank You
- 339 Pages
- ePub, PDF, and .Mobi editions